Thursday, July 18, 2013

Baby Booties

One of the first things I tried to sew was a pair of Baby Booties for my friend's baby shower. It took me a while to figure it out, but the finished product will look something like this is you follow my pattern:

 Here are the pieces I used to make up the pattern:



Here is what you will need:

*Fabric of your liking
* fleece or other lining
*scissors
*pins
*elastic




Cut out two of each pattern using you print fabric and two using your lining fabric.


Place the heal lining and print fabric together facing each other and sew on the straight edge and then fold them together right side out.


Sew down the sides of the heal piece like so:


Now fold the top down 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch and sew. I like to use a zigzag stitch for added decor.
Trim around the edges making sure everything is even.


Run elastic through the casing that you created with a safety pin. Sew one edge.


Pull the other end until the heal piece is scrunched to your desired taste.

 

Now sew the top fabric with the lining together and then open and fold fabric facing out.


Sew a 1/4 inch line across the straight edge. Again I like using a zigzag. Trim up edges.


Now place the sole lining and sole fabric together with picture facing out and put a small stitch in the top and the bottom. This will help hold the two pieces together when you are sewing the pieces all together.


Now take the sole pieces and sew them to the top pieces with pictures facing each other. I would recommend starting at the top and sewing down to the right and then starting at the left end and sewing to the top (center)


This is what it will look like:


The same steps will follow with the heel piece. You will want to put a stitch through the heal piece and the top piece to hold the ends of the heal piece to the top piece. I recommend doing this on the same area that the zigzag stitching is at for the top piece so that it isn't noticeable.

  
Turn outside right and this is the finished product:


 I am sure there are different ways to make these booties, but this is how I make them. I hope you like it and that it helps someone create something special to welcome a new baby into this world.
If you love them but don't want to make them yourself, you can find booties in many different patterns in my online store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HappySmiles4U?ref=si_shop

No comments:

Post a Comment