Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Room!


I would like to say that I have a great spot that is well organized to do my crafting in; however, it is apparent that as my family grows my space gets smaller. I am currently working out of a closet of sorts. When we rented our house in North Carolina we did so with the intention that our children would be sharing a bedroom, so with the playroom downstairs to hold all their toys I was finally given the spare room upstairs to use as my craft room. Needless to say, my daughter is a bit of a turd and sharing a room with her brother was detrimental to the family's well being (she was 2 at the time). I relocated my room downstairs to a closet of sorts off from the playroom. I say closet of sorts because it has a window and is long and narrow with outlets. It was being used as a reading room/toy storage for my kids prior to becoming my space.  After the extreme downsize I have found it difficult to keep order. This is what it looks like after just one crafting day:


I needed a large working space and could not find a desk or table that suited my needs, so I decided to create my own. I wanted something that had a large top surface, but it also needed to have some type of storage. My desk is two book shelves that I purchased from Walmart for about $12/shelf and the top is a hollowed out door from Lowes that I purchased for $22. I had intended on painting the door a bright color beforehand, but I was too excited to get my crafting started in my new desk so I skipped that step; maybe that will be another project someday. So my crafting table is two desks and a door on the top. It was super easy, super cheap, and has been wonderful. It is easy to take apart and move around, and I have even used it at a craft show. 

I managed to create a space for my children in my craft room as well. They love being in the room with me when I am working on something so I made them a adding corner where they can look at books or put puzzles together. Here is the space after an few minutes of them being in there:


Just another crazy mess to add to my crafting madness. 

It my be small, but it is my space. It allows me enough room to create unique items that people will love, and to me that is all that matters. I just hope that my next move allows me to keep a window and that I will not be working and my kitchen table.

Here are a few more pictures of what it looks like somewhat clean:
A shower curtain rod to hang my finished products from.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment