Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Desire to Create

As a child I was very fortunate to have lived a simple life in the country full of outdoor adventure and play. We did not have a lot of money, but that never really bothered me. I found joy in recreating hand me down clothes to make them my own, and diving straight into anything creative; like pottery, painting, crochet, and so much more. My husband's Army career has taken us far from that life, but my desire to create is stronger than ever. I find inspiration through my children; they are always asking me to make them things ranging from super hero costumes to princess tutus and dresses. I have been very lucky to make items for so many different people all over the world; whether it was a welcome home ceremony tutu for a little girl in Italy, a baby bib for a baby in Australia, or a dress for a little girl in Georgia..... I have been inspired by all of them.

                 Pheasant Dress I made for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment